Monday, August 19, 2013

Herbal Tea Facial

I got back late last night from the best vacation ever! But when I woke up this morning, my eyes were super puffy and my face was kind of blotchy! Not to mention I am extremely jet lagged! I whipped up this little beauty trick inspired by a fabulous article in Women's Day!

Start off by picking out your favorite flavor of herbal tea.


I used Tazo Tea's Refresh tea bags which smell like peppermint and tarragon! Yum!

Boil water and steep the tea bag in a tea cup or mug. 

Place the mug, with the tea bag still in the water, inside the refrigerator to cool.

Once cool, discard the tea bag, and pour the tea into a small bowl. 

Next, place a washcloth into the cold tea mixture and let the cloth absorb the tea. 


After the towel is completely wet, wring out the excess tea. 

Roll towel, set on a plate, and place in the freezer for five minutes.


In the meantime, wash your face with warm water. 

Once your towel has chilled, take it out of the freezer, 
fold it in  thirds, lay down and place the cloth over your eyes. 

I even turned off all the lights and put on Spa Radio on Pandora!
 It sounded like I was at the spa without taking a chunk out of my wallet!

Leave the towel on your face for as long as you please. 

I kept it on my eyes for 10 minutes, unfolded it and rubbed my 
entire face and neck with this natural astringent, then I splashed my face with cold water!

I noticed that my eyes were less puffy and my face had a warm glow to it! Mission Accomplished!


No comments:

Post a Comment