Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Unload

Last month I took the bar exam and to say that I was majorly stressed out would be a HUGE understatement. I assumed that after the bar I would be beyond excited and... well... stress free! Wrong! Now I'm anxious about results and my employment plans! 

I was reading in Matthew and I came across a familiar verse that has since taken on new meaning for me:


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28


I had always imagined someone weary as being a small child, an elderly widow, a homeless person, but then I realized we're all weary in our own way... and we all need to come to Jesus. 

I also envisioned burdens being like huge oversize suitcases (ya know... the kind you take on an extra long trip, that weigh over 50 pounds, that you have to pay extra for!) Major things.. financial ruin, abuse, neglect. How could I use this beautiful prayer to tell God that I'm stressed about a test? I kind of felt guilty in the past,
but for some reason, when I read this verse today I realized that God cares, really really cares, about what is bothering me, because He cares for me. Because He loves me!

This will be my prayer over the next few months as I try to wait patiently for bar results! I already am feeling a little less anxious!

Cheers!
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment