Friday, September 20, 2013

Cappuccino Muffins

Everyday I wake up, usually around 6, sometimes 5 if my hubby has to go in early for a meeting with his foremen. Lucky for me I am such a morning person and don't mind getting up and making my hubby breakfast. However, even my love for baking and making my hubby breakfast doesn't always give me the inspiration to make him biscuits and gravy every morning. A cup of coffee in the morning does help but so do these muffins. Besides my addiction to coffee I absolutely love muffins. They are fast, simple and oh so yummy! Cappuccino Muffins are one of my favorites. First off they have coffee in them, secondly, they have chocolate! What is not to like!!! This recipe was brought into my life by my mother in-law! These are perfect to make the day before for breakfast the next morning or even keep them in the freezer and thaw when needed. I hope you all enjoy these as much as my hubby and I do. 

Cappuccino Muffins

                2 cups flour
                3/4 cup sugar
                2 1/2 t. baking powder
                2 t. instant coffee
                1/2 t. salt
                1/2 t. cinnamon
                1 cup milk
                1/2 cup butter melted and cool
                1 egg beaten
                1 t. vanilla
                3/4 cup chocolate chips (I love using the mini chips in these)


Preheat oven 375 degrees.  Stir dry ingredients and then add liquid ingredients and stir until moist.  Add chips.  Grease muffin tins. Pour batter into greased muffin tins and bake for 15-18 minutes 

*These delectable muffins are perfect to freeze and this recipe usually makes about 20 muffins.

Combine all your dry ingredients and mix.

Stir in liquid ingredients.

Stir in chocolate chips.

Grease your muffin tins.



Fill up your cups (about 3/4 full).
Bake for 15-18 minutes.
Enjoy!


-Kir

No comments:

Post a Comment