Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf

I have been dying for something pumpkin lately and although I do love me some pumpkin pie, my husband on the other hand is not the biggest fan. Therefore, I figured I would make him some bread that he can have for breakfast or even for a snack when he works from home on occasion (he loves that it has chocolate chips in it)!

This Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf Bread (known as Harvest Bread to my husband) is super easy to make and besides the pumpkin, I had everything else on hand (which you all know I love). This bread is perfect for the Autumn season and will really satisfy your pumpkin craving!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf

1 2/3 cup flour

1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup pumpkin puree (keep in mind this is not the same as pumpkin pie mix)
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup chocolate chips (plus some for topping)


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan.
2. Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl.
3. In a medium bowl combine pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, sour cream and oil until smooth.
4. Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture, whisking together until combined.
5. Pour mixture into greased pan, topping with chocolate chips.
6. Bake for about 70 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
7. Leave in pan, cooling on wire rack for about 20 minutes. Then pop out loaf from pan and cool for another 10 minutes or so on a wire rack.
8. Stuff your face and enjoy!



Bread mixture in the greased loaf pan

Topped with a few chocolate chips

Cooling in pan on wire rack

Cooling for another 10 minutes out of loaf pan

Slice and enjoy!




-Kir

No comments:

Post a Comment