Saturday, November 9, 2013

We're Movin' On Up

Watch out world, I am movin' on up! We finally got all of our windows replaced and what a difference it makes. Never before in my life have I really focused or cared about windows. I guess I have always been blessed to have had some solid double pane windows in my life. Now I know that sounds a little ridiculous, but honestly, when living in the city, right next to a busy road (practically a highway), a good window is essential to not only sleep, but a feeling of safety. 

Coming from a very small town where the only thing I heard from my window was the occasional train, or our neighbors bickering about what should be in their garage; moving to Santa Clara and literally having the same windows in our apartment from the 70's, we hear everything! Well, used to hear everything, from the beep of the crosswalk, the intercom from the Kentucky Fried Chicken drive-thru, or the fighting that occasionally takes place (because let's face it, I don't live in the "high rent district"). 

I love my new windows!!! They are thick double pane windows and have blocked out not only a lot of the noise that we use to hear, but also keep our apartment warm. Before, in the mornings, it would be freezing! I would get out of bed in the morning (mind you I wake up at 6 to make my hubby b-fast) and would change into some old baggy volleyball sweats, some big socks and a sweatshirt. Now I don't have to! :) 

I just had to tell you all how excited I am for my new windows! I feel like our home is really coming together, and although the outside is still not what we are used to, its the inside that counts (right?). 

Have a wonderful weekend!
-Kir

No comments:

Post a Comment