Hello Fall!!!! I love that it is actually beginning to feel like Fall here in California! We have started to get some cold mornings that are easing into an all day thing and we have occasionally gotten some rain. I love it!
Something that is even more perfect than Fall weather is the yummy food that fall invites!
Which is why I decided to make this super yummy and simple Turkey Basil Soup! Of course it is full of pantry staples so it came together in a snap.
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground turkey breast
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups carrots sliced
- 1 cubed zucchini (I wish I would have added more!)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 3 cups beef broth
- 4 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil
- 1 tsp. dry oregano
- 1 tsp. dry thyme
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach
- Heat olive oil in large skillet.
- Add ground turkey, salt, pepper, onion and garlic to large pot and sauté until turkey is browned. (drain fat)
- In same pot add carrots and zucchini and sauté just until slightly tender (not too soft).
- Add tomatoes to pot to deglaze (love the extra flavor that comes from the browned bits in skillet).
- Add beef broth, tomato paste and all the herbs to pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer on low heat for 30- 40 minutes.
- Add spinach last 5-10 minutes of cooking.
How easy is that! You can also add more spinach or other various fall veggies that you have in your fridge or garden :) Serve with french bread and there you have it friends; a hearty soup that your guests/family/ or just yourself will love!