Saturday, January 10, 2015

15 in 2015

Since we were traveling over the New Year's Holiday, I am a little behind on getting my resolutions posted!


This year I decided to put together a list of fifteen things I want to do before the end of 2015. They aren't necessarily resolutions, but they are thoughtful and meaningful things I want to take the time to do this year! With my busy work schedule I've found that I don't send as many cards as I used to or call my friends as much as I would like. 

I am hoping that by giving myself an entire year to accomplish these fifteen things I will be more successful than my crash and burn seasonal to-do lists of last year! 

And in no particular order... Here goes nothing...

1. Send care packages to all of my female cousins

I have seven girl cousins ranging in age from twenty-seven to five. They are all beautiful, fun, and charming ladies. My plan is to send each of them a little "just because" package to brighten their day. 

2. Develop a skin care regimen and stick to it

My skin care routine is all over the map, which was totally fine up until a few months ago. Recently I've come to notice the crows feet and dark circles under my eyes. I wear moisturizer with a sun screen in it during the day, but I really need to start moisturizing at night too. 

3. Learn how to properly blow dry my hair

Confession. I am going to be twenty-eight next month and I do not know how to blow dry my hair. I simply bend over and blow dry my hair, which results in a puff ball of hair that I have to tame with a straight iron. 

4. Try a new restaurant every month in either San Antonio or Santa Barbara

Hubby and I have our favorites and we very rarely stray from those eateries. There are tons of amazing restaurants out there, we just need to branch out a little. 

5. Find and purchase the perfect black suit and black pumps

Every business woman needs a black suit and a pair of black pumps. I have neither. Not because I haven't looked, but because I am (probably) too picky. This is the year I will find my perfect black suit and pumps! 

6. Finish decorating my office

I have been in my office for almost a year now and I have not finished decorating it. I need to finalize the decor ASAP. I can't use the "oh I just moved in" excuse anymore. 

7. Plan my ten year high school reunion

I can't believe I graduated from high school ten years ago! As the Senior Class President it is my job to plan the class reunions. I am so excited to put this event together and catch up with old friends. 

8. Try a juice cleanse

I've been wanting to try one for a while now - nothing too extreme. I think a three day cleanse would be a good place to start. 

9. Workout three times a week for a whole month

It's not that I don't like to work out, it is just hard for me to find the time to get to the gym. I feel that this goal is super attainable and will hopefully carry itself over into other months. 

10. Print, frame, and hang wedding photos

Y'all! It has been two and a half years and we have yet to do anything with our wedding photos! I am really looking forward to crossing this goal off the list. 

11. Send a handwritten letter/card each month

In college I was all about sending cards, encouraging notes, and letters. Then law school and the real world hit me like a ton of bricks and I ran out of time to send people sweet notes. I am excited to take back the art of hand written letters. 

12. Surprise my sister for no reason

With so much of her focus on sweet baby Hailey, I know Kir could probably use a little pick me up every now and again. I can't wait to come up with a surprise for her!

13. Organize my closet

I have clothes from high school in my closet that I never wear. It is time to do a major purge and then organize my clothes. 

14. Try one new recipe every month

I have a few things I cook and they are on repeat. all. the. time. I don't love to cook, but I don't hate it either. I am hoping that by pushing myself to find new recipes I will at least find a few new dishes to add to the rotation. 

15. Christmas shop during the year and be done by Thanksgiving

Throughout the year I see things that would make great gifts for family and friends, but I never buy them. This year my goal is to buy when I see things, that way I can find gifts I truly think the recipient will love and I can shop locally for unique gifts. 

So there you have it! My list of 15 things I want to accomplish in 2015!

Anyone else doing a 15 in 2015? Or maybe you made other resolutions or goals? I would love to hear all about them! Be sure to chime in with a  comment below!

XOXO
Meg

PS: Pictures from Punta Cana, Dominican Republic coming up soon!

2 comments:

  1. Making 15 resolutions would definitely be setting myself up for failure, but for my own sanity I should probably join you in the skin care regime. I visit the dermatologist once a year, but by the end of the year I've already veered off the prescribed path and go back to her a mess!

    Happy new year!
    Kelly
    Ohio Stripes

    ReplyDelete
  2. More power to you ladies in 2015 - those are great resolves!!!!

    Much love!
    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete