Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The Most Easiest French Bread Ever

My mom is truly amazing at making bread...let me just start there. Growing up she would always make bread using her bread machine (so I thought it was always too difficult for me to do). For Christmas this year, my dad gave her a Kitchen Aide (finally we could get rid of that horrible mixer that she had....it honestly sounded like a cat was dying). Thank you pops for saving us all.

So...since my mom got a super cool kitchen aide mixer (with a dough hook of course) she has started making bread again. Watching her make basic white bread last month when I visited, I realized that I could make some myself! I can be super cool and make home made bread too! So I began...

I searched on Pinterest (of course) for bread recipes using a kitchen aide mixer, which is where I found this gem of a recipe from Mattawa Mum. Such a simple recipe that I only modified a little bit (mostly with the times and heating temp is all). 




The Most Easiest French Bread Ever

Ingredients:

2 1/2 c. warm water (about 105 degrees)
2 T. yeast 
3 T sugar
2 T white vinegar
1 T salt
1/3 c. canola oil
6-7 c. flour (+ more for pan and shaping)
1 egg, beaten

(Thanks to this cutie for helping me make this delicious bread)

1. Combine the water, yeast, sugar, and vinegar in your mixer. (wait until it gets nice and foamy, about 5 minutes or so)

2. Using your dough hook, add in and combine the salt, oil, and flour until it pulls away from bowl. 

3. Heat your oven to the lowest possible setting and turn off once it reaches that temp. Oil a large bowl with some olive oil and place dough inside and cover with seran wrap and pop it in the oven. 

4. Let it get all nice and cozy in the oven and rise until double inside (takes maybe an hour, depending on your oven and temp).

5. Flour your work surface and roll/knead your dough into a nice ball (as smooth as a baby's bottom....and let me tell you they are smooth) 

6. Cut your dough into half and shape the half into a loaf. Do the same with the other half. 

7. Slightly grease a cookie sheet and cover with wax paper. Sprinkle a little flour over the wax paper and place your loaves on your pan. Using a sharp knife, make slits across the top of your loaves.

8. Brush your loaves with the beaten egg (this will give your bread a gorgeous color)

9. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown in color and sounds hollow. 

10. Now slice a piece and spread on some butter! Enjoy!


I am going to be continuing my search for other recipes of all different types of bread. I would love to know what your favorite type of bread is or a fool proof recipe that you use.

-Kir



1 comment: