Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Chicken Pasta Bake

I usually try and plan out my meals for the week so I can grocery shop for exactly what I need and the hubby is well aware of what we're having and when he needs to be home (or if it's a crock pot meal then he can come home kinda whenever he finishes up).

This Chicken Pasta Bake is super simple and I always have everything on hand for this meal!

Ingredients:

1 Chicken Breast, cooked and cubed
2 cups assorted veggies, sauteed until soft (zucchini,squash, eggplant, bell peppers, onions...really use whatever you have)
1 cup cheese, shredded
8 oz. tomato sauce
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 tsp. italian seasoning
salt and pepper (to taste)
1 box of penne, cooked
fresh basil (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Combine the chicken, veggies, tomatoes, sauce, seasonings and penne. Add in 3/4 cup cheese and mix until all incorporated. Put in a 9x13 and sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top. Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly inside. Top with fresh basil.




That's it! How simple was that. This is one of my favorite go to, "wing it" dinners. I always have chicken in the freezer and some type of pasta and canned tomatoes on hand. I can mix it up with whatever veggies I have and you can use whatever type of cheese you want.

Enjoy!
-Kir

1 comment:

  1. This looks yummy! Definitely going to try this out

    -Olivia

    http://www.missoliviasays.com/

    ReplyDelete