Thursday, September 3, 2015

Playing Tourist -- The Santa Barbara Land Shark

From my first year of living in Santa Barbara as a freshman in college I noticed the Land Shark cruising around town, showing off the sites to tourists. 

It wasn't until this past weekend that I finally found myself on board the Land Shark, enjoying the gorgeous scenery of Santa Barbara. 

The Land Shark offers a ninety minute land and sea tour three times a day. 


The first hour of the tour takes guests through the picturesque streets of Santa Barbara, showcasing both the Santa Ynez mountains and the Pacific Ocean. Our tour guide, Maddy, pointed out all of the historical sites, local favorites, and trendy bars and restaurants. Maddy was incredibly energetic, and while I knew most of the places she was talking about, she put a fresh spin on what could have been a lackluster tour for a local. 


The massive Moreton Bay Fig Tree was pretty incredible and was something I actually had not seen before. Its root structure is beautiful. 


We drove by the Santa Barbara Court House -- one of my favorite spots in town. 

For the final thirty minutes, the Land Shark morphs into a boat and took us around the harbor. 





The weather was perfect, the sun was shining, and the water was calm and clear. The California Sea Lions were so cute, lounging about, while boaters and paddle boarders passed them. 

This was a great day to spend a lazy afternoon. I would definitely take friends and family on this tour when they come and visit Hubby and I in Santa Barbara. 

XOXO
Meg

1 comment: