One of the many things I love about San Antonio is the never ending list of things to do and places to go! Lucky for me, many of the my favorite attractions are free or offer free admission on certain days!
Whether you live in San Antonio or are visiting, I hope you'll take advantage of some of the great free ways to enjoy the City.
1. Farmers Market at the Pearl Brewery: This is my favorite way to spend a Saturday morning! I love to grab an iced coffee from Local Coffee and then scout out a vendor selling breakfast items! Hubby and I love to pick up breakfast tacos or if we're feeling really adventurous, a pork belly steam bun from Ming's Thing. This is people and pet watching at its finest!
2. San Antonio | The Saga -- at Main Plaza: This is a really cool art installation which projects a video of San Antonio history through the years on the front of the San Fernando Cathedral. The show is every Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 9:00, 9:30, and 10:00 PM. Bring a blanket to sit on and enjoy the show!
3. Japanese Tea Garden: What a gorgeous setting! Filled with koi ponds, winding paths, and lush foliage, it is hard to believe that this gem is nestled in San Antonio. A fabulous way to spend the afternoon and perfect for a photo op!
4. Free Museum Days: The Alamo City is home to a handful of wonderful museums and each museum offers free admission for a few hours each week!
The San Antonio Museum of Art is free on Tuesdays from 4:00 to 9:00 PM and Sundays from 10:00 AM to Noon. I love the modern art in this museum!
The McNay Art Museum is free on Thursday nights from 4:00 to 9:00 PM. This museum has beautiful grounds and an incredible collection of sculptures.
The Do-Seum is an amazing museum for children, and adults cannot gain admittance without a child. When Kir came to visit in the Spring we took Hailey and she loved it! This museum is free every first and third Tuesday from 6:30 to 8:30 PM.
The Witte Museum is free every Tuesday from 3:00 to 8:00 PM. This museum boasts a vast collection of Texas history artifacts and memorabilia.
The Briscoe Western Art Museum is the one museum on my list that I have not yet been to. Admission is free on Tuesdays from 4:00 to 9:00 PM. I am hoping to check it out soon!
5. San Antonio River Walk: Hubby and I try to take a walk on the River Walk at least once a week. We typically steer clear of the touristy section with all of the bars and restaurants and opt for a nice stroll on the Museum Reach or the Mission Reach sections of the River Walk!