Thursday, December 29, 2016

Five Easy Things to Do for a More Organized 2017

I hope y'all had a wonderful Christmas. Mine was spent with my family in California and it was such a great time! I'll be posting some fun photos of my trip in the next few days...

But in the meantime, let's talk about New Years! 

I can't believe 2016 is coming to and end. When did that happen?

I always try to clean the house and get a little more organized before the start of a new year. I realize it is just an arbitrary date, and I could get organized -- like yesterday -- but there is something about January 1st that offers a nice clean slate. 

Below are five easy things you can do before the ball drops to ensure you have a more organized 2017!



1. Unsubscribe from junk e-mails -- I did this at the beginning of 2016, but it seems that anytime I ordered something online from a company, I started receiving e-mails again. By unsubscribing from junk e-mails I'll be able to start each morning with less clutter! 

2. Clean out pantry/fridge -- the New Year is a great time to clear out old and expired food items. If you can't remember the last time you used that salad dressing, out it goes! Bonus points if you wipe down the shelves and drawers. 

3. Clean out purse -- I am a receipt hoarder and my poor purse gets stuck housing them! I also somehow end up with a half dozen pens, lipsticks, and a handful of paper clips at the bottom of my bag. Time to clean it all out!

4. Clean out under bathroom sink -- Toss any cosmetics you haven't worn in a while and any bottles of shampoo and lotion that are old and opened. Here is a good article on the lifespan of makeup. Anyone using expired mascara? Guilty.

5. Download pictures on your phone to the cloud -- I've had no storage on my phone for a few months now, and Hubby is probably more than annoyed that I keep asking to use his phone to take photos. Now is a great time to transfer all of your photos on your phone to your computer or your favorite cloud storage space. This makes sure all your photos are safe and allows you to capture new memories in 2017!

Cheers to a happy 2017!

XOXO
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment