Monday, August 19, 2013

Homemade Garlic Butter Croutons

First off, I love bread! Secondly, I love butter and garlic! Anytime I have a salad for dinner I must have some croutons in there. I love this recipe because I can use whatever spices I am feeling and I can use whatever leftover bread I have around the house. For these yummy croutons you're going need some bread. Any kind of bread will do, in these pictures I used a loaf of french bread my dad brought home to my mom. (Lucky for me it was rock hard so I got to bring it on home with me...poor daddy, he tried so hard). Alright lets make these things!


 Here is my starting loaf of bread. Now cube it into whatever size croutons you would like.

Here is what my size cubes look like.


My bread is all cubed and thrown into a bowl.


Now we need to make our seasoning. I always start with butter!


Next I added 2 cloves minced garlic and let that get all soaked in and smelling delicious on the stove for about 20 minutes or so on low.


Then I added these spices about 1 Tablespoon each to the butter mixture.


Mix all together in the bowl.


And here is my end product. Yummy homemade croutons that hardly cost anything at all. I also love the fact that I know exactly what was put in these!



Homemade Garlic Butter Croutons Recipe

Preheat oven to 350.
Bread cubes  (approx 3 cups)
 2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 cup of butter, melted
1 Tablespoon each basil, paprika, and parsley (any spices work)

Cube bread into desired sized croutons. Set aside in large bowl. Melt butter and add minced garlic on low for about 20 minutes. Add spices to butter mixture and pour over bread cubes. Stir, make sure all cubes have some buttery goodness on them. Place on a parchment covered cookie sheet and bake for about 20 minutes. Time varies on cube size, but checking every ten minutes or so helps to get desired golden brownness. Let cool, place in Ziploc bag, label and enjoy on your next salad or soup!


Husband's Rating and Comments: 5 M's for Mmmmm yummy! I'm not a huge salad fan but these make it worth it.  

Enjoy! 
-Kirsten






No comments:

Post a Comment