Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Joyful Heart

It is kind of crazy how a particular mood can dictate an entire day. Lately I’ve been waking up in a grouchy mood, followed by a weird funk for the whole day. I have a hard time shaking my bad moods and it effects more than just me… my work suffers, poor Hubby suffers… basically anyone who comes in contact with me probably wishes they hadn’t! 

I found this great verse when I was reading Proverbs – which is a book chalk full of life lessons!

A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. (Prov. 17:22)

How very true! When I am happy I feel good inside. I feel beautiful, smart, and confident and I’m better equipped to make the people around me feel good about themselves. When I’m in a bad mood I focus on the negative – what I am not, what I don’t have. And plus, being miserable is exhausting! 

Being joyful doesn’t always come naturally, but if I take a step back and think about all the blessings in my life my bad mood normally will pass. Like how I am loved by a great God, have a super sweet, supportive, and loving husband, a wonderful family who has always been there for me, live in the USA, have a tremendous education full of opportunities, and the list could go on and on and on….

Next time the bad mood cloud rolls overhead, I’m going to find joy!

What are the blessings in your life that make you smile when you are down?

Meg

1 comment:

  1. I simply try to remember how blessed I truly am, and think about everything that is amazing about my life. It also helps me if I reach out and help another person that may be in need. ;o)

    ReplyDelete