Tuesday, September 17, 2013

DIY Taco Seasoning

Let's face it, we've all went to make tacos before and have stopped the process because we didn't have the little red store bought packet in our cupboard. Well stop looking for that stupid thing and just make your own already. I'll admit I use to buy the taco seasoning packet at the store but I just can't do it anymore. Not only does it cost way to much for that little amount of seasoning and, it is way to salty for my taste. This is why I made my own and put the stuff that me and my husband like, of course, you can change the amounts of certain spices to you and your families preference. This is why making your own everything is AWESOME!!! Shall we start? Okay let's do this:

What you will need:
-Tupperware container of some sort
-2 tablespoons Chili powder
-1 teaspoon Garlic powder
-1/2 teaspoon dried Oregano
-1 teaspoon Paprika
-2 teaspoons Cumin (we like the taste of cumin a lot!)
-1 teaspoon Salt (to taste)
-1 teaspoon Pepper (to taste)

Mix all spices together in container and there ya go! You have your very own taco seasoning. Next time you are browning your beef or chicken (or whatever type of meat you use) sprinkle however much you want of your seasoning just like you would with your red packet from the store (I would use about 2 tablespoons). Now go enjoy your tacos!!!!




Enjoy!
-Kir


No comments:

Post a Comment