Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Curl Up & Read A Good Book -- The Life List by Lori Nelson Spielman

The day after I took the bar exam, hubby and I hopped on a plane and headed for vacation. We had the best time and I have never been so relaxed in my entire life! I read four fun novels, lounging on the beach, sipping pineapple infused ice water! I hadn't read a fun book in four years! How crazy is that!?!

One of the books really stood out to me, Lori Nelson Spielman's The Life List. The tale follows a grieving Brett Bollinger who just lost her mother, the owner of a large cosmetics chain. Brett assumed her mother would leave her in charge of the company, but she had different plans for her daughter. Brett's mom doesn't leave her the company and she places a contingency on her share of her inheritance. In order for Brett to receive even a dime of the family fortune she has to complete a list of life goals that she made as a child. 

During Brett's journey she discovers herself, what she loves, what she doesn't, and what she needs to make herself happy. Follow Brett as she gets a pet, becomes a teacher, and re-friends her childhood best friend. This book is a real page turner! It made me think of my own life goals as a child. (Be a baton coach and an author, live in San Diego....)

Have any of you read any good books lately? I'd love to hear what y'all are reading these days! I need to find a good book for my plane ride to California for Thanksgiving! What were some of your goals as a child?

-Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment