Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Plan For Your Life

In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his step.
Proverbs 6:9 NIV

Thinking back to when I was in high school and even in college, I loved having a good solid planner. My weeks were planned out, and I new what I was doing where and at what time. Lucky for me, I quickly learned after my semester of college at Boise State, that often our plans don't work out. That is just what happened. I had gotten a full ride to Boise to play volleyball there and I quickly learned this was not what I expected or what God had planned for me. I believe that this short semester at Boise taught me many things about myself and this was part of God's plan (for me to learn these things about myself and others). 

I then transferred over to Bethany University (Scotts Valley, CA), which is a drastic change from a semi large state school to a small private Christian school with about 500 students (on a good day). My transferring of schools is not what I am trying to get at however; we often think that our plans are set in stone or "sharpied" on our calender and are not to be changed. Well, news flash my lovely readers, God has much better plans for us than what we can imagine. We may not understand what is going on at the time but trust in him cause guess what, He knows what He's talkin' about! We often do not see the "big picture" but understand that God was the one who made it, so I think it's safe to say that it's alright if God interrupts you during the day, or changes your path. 

Instead of becoming frustrated over every little detour that comes our way (a flat tire, a traffic jam, etc.), allow God to change your plans in order to accomplish His purposes. When we change our heart toward the interruptions in life, this is when they become blessings. 

Has God interrupted you lately?

Enjoy.
-Kir


No comments:

Post a Comment