Sunday, February 23, 2014

DIY Rice-A-Roni

This is a go to staple at my home. We have it at least once a week and can easily be changed with just one spice. We eat a lot of brown rice, so I like to somehow change it up from just eating plain brown rice. This recipe is simple to make and the ingredients are pantry staples that most everyone has on hand. 

Rice A Roni

3/4 cup rice (white or brown)
1/4 cup broken spaghetti or angel hair pasta I use orzo
1 Tablespoon minced onion or 1/2 Tb onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder & Italian seasoning (or poultry seasoning) 
2 cubes chicken bouillon 
2 Tb Butter
2 1/2 cups water

In saucepan mix together all ingredients.
Heat to boiling. 
Put lid on pan and reduce heat to simmer. 
Let simmer 20 minutes for white rice and up to 45 minutes for brown.  Serve hot.
My dry ingredients

Combined and bringing to a boil
My wonderfully delicious finished product

This rice is just so so delicious. I love that I know what is going into my food and I can honestly say I will never ever use another boxed rice-a-roni mix again! The original recipe can be found at http://www.thetipgarden.com/2012/03/make-your-own-rice-roni.html. 

Hubby's Rating: This is very good, I love it! It tastes just like the real thing and I love the taste of the noodles in it. 


Have a wonderful week of some good cookin'
-Kir


No comments:

Post a Comment