Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Spring To-Do List Update #2: Cupcakes & Back Swings

Hey Y'all! 

If you've been following along, you probably know that I made myself a little Spring To-Do List! (If you missed it, click here!)

Since my last update, I have been able to cross two more things off of my list!

1. Get cupcakes from Bird Bakery

6. Dust the cob webs off of my golf clubs.

I am kind of a cupcake snob! Having lived in Santa Barbara, I ate my fair share of Crushcakes! When I moved to San Antonio, I wasn't sure I could fill the cupcake void in my heart - until I found Bird Bakery! The store is whimsical and romantic and reminds me of Anthropologie! The attention to detail is remarkable and the staff are polite, helpful, and as sweet as frosting!


Oh! And the cupcakes! Oh my what delicious cupcakes! I treated myself to the fresh coconut cupcake! The cake was soft and moist, while the frosting was sweet and creamy! The hints of coconut reminded me of a sipping pina coladas on a beach side patio somewhere warm! 


Hubby ordered the red velvet and the carrot cake! (He couldn't make up his mind!) I snuck a few bites to report back to y'all! You can never go wrong with a classic red velvet, the carrot was unbelievable and both had incredible cream cheese frosting! My mom is flying in today to spend a few days with us and I will definitely take her here!

To check out the entire cupcake menu from Bird Bakery, click here!

 
Last weekend, Hubby and I went to visit his folks for Easter. On Saturday, we played a round of golf! It was a little windy, but we could not have asked for better weather! We hadn't played since Thanksgiving, when we played with my Dad, but I did surprisingly well! It was so nice to get outside and wear my cute golf clothes! :)

Hope y'all are having a fabulous week!

XOXO
Meg 

No comments:

Post a Comment