Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Puff Pancake - Dutch Baby

I love breakfast. It is by far my favorite meal of the day. I love breakfast foods so much that I often have breakfast for dinner! This puff pancake, also known as Dutch Baby is simple and super quick to throw together on any morning...or night :) My mom made this when I was little and now I get to make it for my husband! 




Here's what you need:

2 Tablespoons butter
2 eggs
1/2 cup Flour
1/2 Cup Milk
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Salt

Apples (cooked in water brown sugar and cinnamon) or berries, whatever topping you want :)

Powdered Sugar, if desired

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 400. In a 9-inch pie plate, melt butter in oven and brush over the bottom and sides of pie plate.

2. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, flour, sugar, salt. Pour into pie plate.

3. Bake 20-25 minutes or until puffy and deep golden brown. Serve pancake immediately with desired topping. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Enjoy!!!











I would love to hear all about your favorite breakfast recipe!

-Kir

No comments:

Post a Comment