Friday, April 24, 2015

Succulent Garden

I have always wanted a little succulent garden! There is something so unique about succulents plants and from what I have heard, they are relatively easy to keep alive.

When we moved into our new house I knew I had to plant a few succulents, asap!

While Hubby and I were cleaning up our backyard (lots of photos and updates on our backyard coming soon) I found an old bird bath left behind by the previous owner. I knew this would be the perfect home for my little garden!


I picked up my succulents at my local Lowe's. Most nurseries carry a variety of succulents and this Easy seller has a fabulous selection. 



I filled the bird bath with potting soil and planted my little garden. 



Voila! An easy, inexpensive way, to spruce up my backyard! And the biggest plus -- they are still alive after two weeks!

Below are a few of the Pinterest worthy photos I used for inspiration!




Has anyone tried to grow a succulent garden? I'd love to hear your tricks and tips! 

XOXO
Meg

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I have no plants in my garden. This would really liven it up.

    Susancenliang.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful post!

    http://jovanica92.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so cute! We tried growing some succulents last year, but watered them way too often and they literally turned plump and disintegrated, so don't water too often. Good luck
    Dresses & Denim

    ReplyDelete