Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

We are finally in full FALL mode here in the bay area (just wait the weather will change once I post this to being hot again). We have fog and cold and sweaters and boots! It is wonderful and I love it! Since the weather is finally cooperating, I decided to make something pumpkin and of course it had to be muffins! 

These muffins are so so so amazing! Like I am not even joking I probably could have eaten all of them but Hailey was staring at me, so I decided not to. As I am writing this post I would like to state that I have only eaten one (the muffin that is pictured) along with part of Hailey's mini muffin (without chocolate chips). Not bad right?!


Alright well I guess I better give you all the recipe so you can go make some pumpkin deliciousness and eat it for breakfast, snack time, lunch dessert and after dinner dessert?! I think that would work out nicely!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
  • 1 cup canola oil
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon apple pie spice (or pumpkin pie spice....I just didn't have any)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine wet ingredients until well incorporated. Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl.  Gently mix in dry ingredients into wet until everything is mixed nicely! Fold in chocolate chips and fill muffin tins (either greased or with muffin paper thingys) 3/4 of the way full. Bake at 400 for 15-17 minutes (do not over bake!) Let cool in muffin pan for 5 minutes or until you can transfer them to a cooling rack. 



    Hope you enjoy these delicious muffins as much as Hailey and I do!


    Happy Fall!
    -Kir






    No comments:

    Post a Comment