Saturday, January 7, 2017

2017 New Year's Resolutions...

2017 has been here for seven days now -- already zooming by at lightning speeds!

Since I made a 101 in 1001 list last year, I wasn't sure I was going to make any resolutions this year. I also thought I would try my hand at a Happiness Project, but my December Happiness Project was a disaster because of the holidays. Drink water or wine? Go to the gym or watch a Christmas movie? Whoops! 

However, I love making resolutions so much, I decided to pull a few from my 101 in 1001 list, add a few more, and really set forth some concrete plans to achieve my goals. 

Here's to a fabulous 2017!



I decided to really narrow in with three categories. 

-- Fitness -- 

2016 was insane with work and I was lucky if I worked out one day a week. As a result, I was often very stressed and unhappy. 

This year I really want to get back into running and I want to make more time to attend yoga classes. 

My goal is to go to one yoga class a week and run a half marathon. 

(Running a half marathon is #23 on my 101 in 1001)

-- Faith --

I recently heard a quote on the radio that went something like this "not reading your Bible is like not reading the user manual to a new product." That really struck a cord with me. 

I used to be really good about reading my Bible, but I have totally fallen off the wagon.

My goal is to read the entire Bible in a year. I'm using this pacing guide

(Reading the entire Bible is # 37 on my 101 in 1001)

-- Friendship -- 

When I am busy I struggle to make time to get together and keep in touch with friends. I truly was a terrible friend last year -- not in the sense that I did anything wrong -- but because I didn't do anything at all. I did not invest in my friendships and they have suffered as a result. 

My goal is to call one of my out of town friends once a week and get together with one of my in town friends once a month. 

Did you make any resolutions? Chime in with a comment below...

XOXO
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment