Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Perfection

"Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."
Matthew 5:48

I'm a tad bit of a perfectionist. Okay, Okay! I'm a total perfectionist. I always tried my best to get perfect grades, have a perfect life, perfect career, stellar group of friends, perfect husband... you catch my drift? 

But God doesn't call us to be perfect in the eyes of the World. He calls us to be perfect in His eyes, and that means being more like Jesus. Perfection to God is worshiping Him with all that we do, with all that we are. 

It's not a bad thing to be a perfectionist, but when our own sense of perfectionism doesn't line up with our being more like Christ, its time to adjust our thinking.

This week I'm going to try to be more like Jesus... pray more, worship more, love more.... Sure I'm still going to strive for my own version of perfectionism at work and at home, but I'm going to do it to glorify God, not my own skewed sense of what perfect is. 

Cheers!
Meg 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment