Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Serving at the JW House

My husband and I had the amazing opportunity to serve last night at the JW House located in the Kaiser Permanente Campus in Santa Clara. Our church sends a small group of people every third Tuesday of the month to serve dinner. First off I love cooking and I love hosting, but I am still working towards figuring out how to serve large groups. Not only was this a great experience to serve our community with my husband, but also another couple from our church joined us. 

I am so grateful to the JW House for letting us take over their amazing kitchen and cook dinner for the guests. Here is what the JW House is all about: 

We provide a guest house on the Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara campus where families of patients are welcome to seek overnight or daytime respite while their family member is undergoing treatment. 

Not only is thanksgiving about family and giving thanks for all the things we are blessed with, but I believe that it is also a time to give and this opportunity was just a small way we could give and shine a light to others. 

For more information on the JW House, visit their website at http://www.jwhouse.org/

Happy Thanksgiving!
-Kir

No comments:

Post a Comment