Sunday, March 23, 2014

DIY Pedicure

It has been a very lazy weekend, which has been so nice! I actually found time to give myself a pedicure this morning -- a very rare occasion, indeed.

Don't get me wrong, I love going to the salon and getting my nails done, but it is way cheaper to DIY! Plus, this way I was able to soak my feet for as long as I wanted while watching last weeks episode of Hart of Dixie (if you don't watch this show, get on it!)

I started by filling my kitchen sink (no plug in my bath tub) with warm water and a spoon full of Natural Garden Soap's Fizzy Foot Soak. This soak left my feet feeling super soft and silky!

I soaked my feet for quite some time, which is a simple treat in and of itself. I made the executive decision that I am going to try and do this at least every two weeks.

Next, I used Julep's Vanish Cuticle Softener and Remover and an orange stick to remove unwanted cuticles. This was my first time using this product and I was very happy with the results. My nails look neat and trim thanks to this fancy elixir. 

I moisturized my tootsies with Julep's Mint Conditioner Pedi Creme. This stuff is amazing! The mint scent was cool and refreshing. My feet have never felt so soft!

Lastly, I swiped my nails with nail polish remover to remove any oils. I wasn't sure what color I wanted to wear, since both were birthday gifts from girlfriends. However, I ended up going with the bolder hue -- Essie's e-nuf is e-nuf.

What a fabulous way to spend my afternoon! Do y'all do your own pedi's or is the salon the only way to go? Chime in with a comment below!

XOXO
Meg

1 comment:

  1. I'm all about doing my own pedicures! And Hart of Dixie! ;)

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete