Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Apricot Chicken with Egg Noodles

This delicious Apricot Chicken is also known as Sticky Chicken to my hubby's family. It is creamy and delicious and is a meal all on its own. Oh ya and did I mention easy peasy!!! All the ingredients are pantry staples, at least in my home, but if you would need to purchase any of this, it is definitely budget friendly and goes a long way for your buck.

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts or thighs, cubed
1 cup mayonnaise (plain greek yogurt can be substituted)
1 cup milk
1/2 cup apricot jam
1 packet Brown Onion Soup Mix
1 tsp. garlic
1 Tb. cornstarch
1 package egg noodles
water


Directions:
1. Cook your cubed chicken.
2. Boil water to cook your noodles.
3. Combine the mayo, milk, jam, onion soup mix, garlic, and cornstarch. Pour over cooked chicken. Thin with about 1/4 cup of water (or more depending on your liking).
4. Once noodles are cooked, drain water and pour noodles into chicken mixture.
5. Eat up and be amazed!


Cooking the chicken in my super cool skillet. 


Sauce mixture in with the cooked chicken.


 Noodles in with the chicken mixture.


This meal just makes me so happy. 1-because it is easy and 2- because I always have enough for leftovers afterwards for the hubby's lunches. I think this meal is actually better leftover too!

Hubby's Rating: MMMM  - 4 M;s, its pretty god junk! I am happy my Mrs makes this now too.  I always look forward to these leftovers.

Enjoy!
-Kir

1 comment:

  1. Great post, thanks so much for sharing I will for sure be giving this a try :)

    http://julietsthreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete