Friday, October 25, 2013

Playing Dress Up With Betsey Johnson

I'll admit... I think Halloween is a really fun holiday! Dressing up, eating tons of candy, scary movies -- what's not to love, right? I'm totally not into decorating my house like a graveyard or having flying witches hanging from the trees outside my apartment, but there is something magical about dressing up in a costume. 

I have a few favorite childhood costumes... 

In 3rd grade my mom and I came up with this great idea that I would be a giant present! My mom cut holes in a box for my head, arms, and legs to stick out of and wrapped the box in birthday wrap. I even wore a giant curly ribbon bow in my hair. Even though most people thought I was a box for Halloween, I still thought my costume was uber clever! It was different and totally unique.

In 8th grade my friend and I dressed up as prom queens and wore our mom's old prom dresses. It was so much fun to wear my mom's dress and a tiara! I also might add that this was the last year my parents let me go trick-or-treating! Lame!

While I won't be dressing up this year, I still find dressing up and adding a little flare to the everyday is important. I am a big Betsey Johnson fan and I believe she allows women to add a touch of whimsy to their wardrobes. 

Here is what I'm lovin' from her latest collections!

 How adorable is this dress! It makes me want to dance!
 
 Kir and I each have a black cat, who are also sisters. 
They live with our parents. These earrings remind me of them!

 What a fun statement bag

 
 I hate spiders in real life, but how gorgeous is this cuff?

Anyone have a favorite costume from their childhood? Anyone dressing up this year? I'd love to hear from y'all!

-Meg



No comments:

Post a Comment